I accept the 2017 Liebster Award with much gratitude. I want to say thank you to Jennifer Kirila of The Enlightened Zebra for nominating me. Please visit Jennifer’s blog on journeys through life, health, and love.
WHAT IS THE LIEBSTER AWARD?
Liebster Award is an internet award. It is given to bloggers as a way to recognize and appreciate their achievements in the world of blogging. The Liebster Award which started in 2011 is of German origin. The word Liebster means beloved, sweetest, or dearest
TEN FACTS ABOUT ME
1. I don’t drink. This is one thing that differentiates me from my peers. Take me to a party or fancy restaurant, and I will ask for a soda, tea, but not wine. In fact, I hate drinkers and I thank God my husband doesn’t drink. I know you are going to hate me but that is me!
2. I hate wearing trousers. Another thing I know you will not believe. While every girl feels comfortable in shorts or trousers, I’m different. I love being the woman God created; I wear clothes that differentiate me from men. I mean, how will you differentiate between me and my husband or male kids if you come to my house and find me trousers?
3. I love shopping. Believe it or not, I’m a shopper. Even with a few dollars in my pocket, the first thing I think of is where to shop and what. It is like when I have the cash there is something pinching me!
4. I’m a rape victim. While I hate talking about this, I have to say it. Most of my friends do not know this, but my stepfather attempted to rape me when I was just 13 years.
5. I don’t trust men. Because of the rape incident, the only man I trust partly is my husband. All other men are suspects to me.
6. I cry easily. I’m like a baby. You tease me and the next thing you see are tears flowing down my beautiful cheeks. I wonder if I would have been a great actress!
7. I’m a conservative person. Like or hate me. Somethings are better when not changed. You can’t change what I blieve in especially if its about the traditions of my community. I love keeping somethings to myself. After all what good does it do you if I stir up anger by speaking out? That is me though!
8. I love writing. This has been one of my dreams, joys, hobbies and everything since my childhood days. Abuse me and I will write down everything I would have told you. Everything to me is a story to tell.
9. I love taking pictures. I’m a writer, right? A trip without photos makes me feel I have no story to tell. I take photos even when I’m in the bathroom thanks to technology.
10. I’m compassionate and prayerful. I can’t end the list without mentioning this one important fact. I’m always concerned about the less fortunate around me. I mean, there will still be someone more unfortunate than you and someone more productive than you. In every situation, I have learned to pray and trust my Jesus.
INTERVIEW QUESTIONS ANSWERED
What is one place you haven’t been that is on the top of your bucket list?
One place that I often dream of visiting is Philippines. I want to meet all my stars.
What is the most daring experience you’ve ever had? (For example: sky diving)
Traveling at night and in a vehicle without lights and wipers as it was raining heavily. I felt like I was holding my heart in my hands.
What is your biggest accomplishment?
Living my dream. I have always wanted to be a writer and doing it now makes me the most excited woman in the entire world. The journey hasn’t been easy, but I have managed to live my dream anyway.
What’s your biggest fear?
I know it may sound weird, but I fear to get old. The thought that one day my smooth face will have wrinkles and I will not attract anyone anymore makes me scared. Another one is losing a loved one after losing three others.
What’s a hidden talent you have?
I do not hide it, but I’m an excellent singer. I love singing anywhere anytime.
What’s the activity, craft or sport that you want to learn how to do?
I admire pianists, but I don’t know how to play. I would love to know how to play piano one day. I would also love to be a web developer.
Irene- Divine Virtual Assistant
Joyce- Words and Wisdom
Maggie- Online Freelance Solution
Walter- Freelancer Kenya
TASK FOR NOMINEES:
• Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog in your post.
• Upload the award to your blog. It can be done as a blog or on the sidebar.
• Answer the questions above.
• Nominate 5 blogs who you believe deserve to receive the award.
• Notify the nominated bloggers so that they can accept the award.